Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blackout Bowl! (The Big Day!) Part One

We got up Sunday morning and started getting everything ready to go!  I picked up our tickets from the lobby.  Here's what mine looked like-

I finished getting dressed and was all ready to go!
They provided a bus to take us there, making it a lot easier to get to the Superdome!
The bus driver was really interesting to listen to!  He transported all sorts of celebrities to parties the night before!  He had to maneuver into a parking lot I didn't think he'd ever fit the bus into!  We got out of the bus and saw the dome from our lot.
The dream I had of getting to my first Super Bowl was now clearly coming true!  Something I'd never thought I'd do in my life was about to become reality!  It took a little while to make it inside the dome, but we finally got to our seats!  Here's the first view we saw-
Such great seats!  It would be very easy to see all of the facets of the game from here!  It's still amazing how small it seems in comparison to what you see on TV!  When you're watching a game at home, it looks about twice the size it really is!  Wanda was a bit weary from the walk so I went out on my own to check out the action around the outside of the dome!  It was some experience to see all of the fans and what all goes on!  The downtown area was all decked out for the game too!  Here I am by one of the buildings decorated for the game.
Here's one of the fan areas that had a stage set up with various musical acts playing.
Yes, definitely at Super Bowl 47!

Another part of the Fan Area.
A shot of the fan area and downtown.
Things were winding down, so it was time to head back inside and start enjoying the game with Wanda!  Pre-game ceremonies are starting and we're both anxious to get things underway!
The cheerleaders start practicing on the field-

Next, the game is almost underway...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment