Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bucket List

I first heard of "Bucket Lists" after the movie came out with the same title.  I never had a format one in my life, just different things I wanted to accomplish in my life.  Overall, I'd say the list involving travel would be-
  1. Visit all 50 U.S. states.
  2. Looking through one of the early "Entertainment Weekly" magazines, I saw a foldout advertisement for a hotel in the Bahamas called the Atlantis and decided I wanted to go there.
  3. Go to Canada.
  4. Go to Mexico.
  5. Go to London, England
  6. Visit Las Vegas, NV
  7. Check out a Broadway show.
  8. Visit Disney World and DisneyLand.
  9. Go to a Major League Baseball game.
  10. Go to a World Series game.
  11. Attend a NFL game.
  12. Go to a NFL Superbowl.
  13. Attend a Indianapolis 500 race.
  14. Go to a NASCAR race.
  15. Go through the Panama Canal (when I was a kid, I read a book about the Panama Canal and was fascinated by it!)
 So how have I done?  I made it to 23 states (adding two more soon!), been to Atlantis, the Panama Canal (on our honeymoon), Canada, both US Disney parks, went to three major league parks (Wrigley Field, Great American, and Busch stadium), went to the Hoosier Dome for Indianapolis Colts games, and went to the Brickyard 500.  Not too bad!
Where do the rest stand?  Well, I'm going to the Superbowl for 2013!  Other than that, I'm not as much on going to London as I used to be, I'm not as excited on going to the World Series as I used to be, same for the Indy 500.  The way things are going in Mexico, I'm not really sure I want to go down there.  I think Las Vegas is pretty doable one day and I think Broadway is possible!
I know I'll add to the list in the future, but I know as long as Wanda's going with me, and maybe the girls, I'll enjoy whatever roads we travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment